Motion is money and safety in the construction business, which relies on employees’ physical movements to accomplish the job at hand. MCAA’s new Motion is Money and Safety video will teach your supervisors to recognize opportunities to minimize movement, leading to safer and more profitable jobs.
Supervisors will learn:
- How unnecessary walking, bending, reaching, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying increase the risk of cumulative trauma injury to the soft tissues
- How unnecessary movement increases the risk of injuries from slipping, tripping, and falling
- How increasing productivity reduces the risk of injury
- The importance of consistent storage and staging of materials, tools, and equipment
- Why pre-planning each task is critical to reducing unnecessary motion
- How to start the process by observing your workers for 30 to 60 minutes