Innovative Technologies Initiative
Miss the 2020 MCAA Tech Conference? Take a Look at What Happened
The 2020 MCAA Tech Conference featured
- 20 Education Sessions
- 325 Attendees
- Case Studies of the Latest Innovations in our Industry
Dodge Data & Analytics Releases New Research Study on BIM at MCAA 2020 Tech Conference
Donna Laquidara-Carr, the Industry Insights Research Director from Dodge Data & Analytics presented findings from the new MCAA sponsored report, The Business Value of BIM for Mechanical and HVAC Construction. The report highlights survey data, case studies, interviews and insights regarding the use of Business Information Modeling in mechanical and HVAC Construction.
Quick Links to Our Research Reports
- The Business Value of BIM for Mechanical and HVAC Construction SmartMarket Report
- Prefabrication and Modular Construction 2020 SmartMarket Report
- 2019 Construction Technology Report Supplemental Report for MCAA Members
- 2019 Construction Technology Report
- MCAA BIM Workstation Configuration Report
- MCAA Microsoft HoloLens Research Report
- The Internet of Things: Connecting the Job Site Like Never Before
- MCAA Robotic Total Station Report
- MCAA Safety Apps Report
- Technology Report on Field Service Software
- BIM Software – A Comparative Analysis
- BIM to Field Software – A Comparative Analysis
- 3D Scanning Technology – A Comparative Analysis
Letsos Company and CFI Mechanical, both of Houston, TX, used Uponor PEX for two high school plumbing projects to save money for the school district while also realizing faster installation and cost savings over traditional approaches. CFI Mechanical estimated a 30-percent savings in cost and labor resulting from using smaller PEX piping (1″ and below).
After winning a renovation project to transform the Waikiki Trade Center into a 230-room contemporary Hyatt Centric hotel, the Dorvin D. Leis Company, Inc. (DDL), Hawaii’s largest mechanical contractor, decided to ditch the string and tape for the Trimble RPT600 paired with Trimble Field Link software. The cutting-edge technology helped DDL save time, increase productivity, and bring a constructible process from the office to the field and back again.
Milwaukee Tools has recently focused their product development on a new set of heavy equipment systems focusing on trade concerns.
Our Technology Initiative
We’re in a time when disruptive change has come to our industry – change that creates new markets and new value propositions, but also disrupts our existing way of doing business.
We have the option of looking at this change in one of two ways. We can consider it to be disruptive stress, or we can look at it as “disruptive opportunity.”
We have the opportunity to seek out new ways to improve productivity. The opportunity to look for new ways of getting the job done better and faster. And the opportunity to seek out new technologies that simply do things we never thought were possible.
Ignoring change is simply not the best option if we want our companies to continue to be as successful as they can be.
That’s why MCAA created the Innovative Technologies Initiative. With your association's help our members can understand the challenges of technological change and exploit the opportunities it creates. For more information, contact Sean McGuire.