Course Full. Next Registration Period Will Open March 4th, 2021 at 12:00pm EST.
See Below for Details.
What Is It?
- A new online program, intended to be a precursor to the MCAA’s Institute for Project Management, overseen by the same committee that manages the IPM and AIPM.
- A 12-week curriculum, taught as a series of 90-minute classes, covering topics fundamental to project management at an introductory level.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals on the project management track, who have relatively little (0-3 years) experience.
- This includes:
- Assistant Project Managers
- Project Engineers
- Recent college graduates
- Employees transitioning from field to office, or from estimating to project management
- Pre-IPM is designed and taught by 6 experienced contractors and professional instructors who have first-hand understanding of the challenges facing project managers, and the skills required to meet those challenges.
- Each session is a combination of lecture and Q&A, ensuring that students are involved in a dynamic learning experience.
- Participants will complete weekly quizzes and homework assignments, demonstrating what they have learned.
- Upon completion of all course requirements (lectures, quizzes, and homework), students will receive MCAA Pre-IPM certification.
Curriculum Overview by Topic
- Understanding The Project Manager’s Role
- Planning: The Key to Successful Projects
- The Project Manager’s Impact on Productivity
- Knowing Your Costs, Catching Problems Early, and Getting Paid
- Documentation: Why Great Projects Need Great Records
- Project Scheduling: The Importance of Having a Clear Game Plan
- Relationships Are Everything: Understanding Yourself and Managing Others
- Being A Professional: Problem-Solving and Issue Resolution
- Change Orders 101: Identification, Importance, and Management
- Time Management & Personal Efficiency
- Leadership at All Levels: Your Ability to Influence Others
- Project Completion: Starting Strong and Finishing Stronger
How Will This Benefit My Workforce?
- The Pre-IPM curriculum is designed to build participants’ understanding of key components of mechanical project management.
- Pre-IPM will improve participants’ efficiency, management skills, and ability to adapt to change. Practical application is a core focus, and participants will walk away from each session with new ideas and skills to apply to their jobs.
- Students must complete all quizzes and submit all homework assignments to be eligible for Pre-IPM certification.
- Students must be able to participate on a computer (not a tablet or phone), with audio and video capability and a reliable high-speed internet connection that allows video streaming. Students must be prepared to come onscreen and ask/respond to questions.
- Students must attend all 12 lectures. Lectures will not be recorded.
- All classes will take place on Mondays, 11:00am – 12:30pm EST .
- There will be no classes on 5/31/21 (Memorial Day) or 7/5/21 (Independence Day)
- Class dates are as follows:
|May 10th||June 28th|
|May 17th||July 12th|
|May 24th||July 19th|
|June 7th||July 26th|
|June 14th||August 2nd|
|June 21st||August 9th|
- Next registration period will open March 4th, 2021 at 12pm EST.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and the course is capped at 75 participants.
- To register yourself, or someone else, both the registrant and the individual completing the registration must have an MCAA account. Any employee of an MCAA member company can create an account.
- The course cost is $950 per student. Refunds will not be issued after the first day of class, nor for partial completion of the program.
- Contact Sobeida Orantes (email@example.com; 301-990-2207)