The mission of your association’s PAC is simple but vital—to gain MCAA members and our industry a fair hearing in federal public policy decisions. Our strategy is to continue to combine sound and vigorous public policy representation and advocacy with the increasing use of appropriate political activity.
MCAA’s Government Affairs Committee tracks key issues in the federal public policymaking process, and the elected legislators and candidates who have a record of supporting the many issues that are of vital interest to MCAA member companies and their industry. The Committee, as a part of its oversight responsibility for the MCAA PAC, judges which candidates to support based on local affiliate recommendations. MCAA PAC is bipartisan.
Did You Know?
- MCAA pays for the PAC’s operating and solicitation costs. This allows all contributions to go to candidates’ campaigns (with the exception of taxes that
- must be paid with MCAA PAC funds).
- MCAA PAC has a “multicandidate” status, meaning that it can now contribute more to candidates—up to $5,200 per election (primaries, runoffs, and general elections are considered separate elections).
- MCAA PAC only solicits restricted class members—the principals of MCAA member firms. MCAA PAC does not solicit contributions from corporate members’ administrative personnel, stockholders, or their families.
How the Process Works
MCAA PAC is registered with the Federal Election Commission (FEC), the agency that administers the campaign finance laws. MCAA PAC must strictly adhere to the federal law that describes the process by which we raise funds for the PAC.
It goes like this:
- Prospective contributors first sign solicitation authorization forms that allow MCAA PAC to send solicitation material.
- Once you submit your solicitation authorization form, we will send information to you asking you if you want to contribute, or you can contribute now.
- We welcome personal contributions to MCAA PAC, either online by credit card or by sending a check. You may give as much (up to the maximum limit of $5,000 per year) or as little as you like; the choice is yours! Remember, contributions are strictly voluntary but they are appreciated!
- To summarize the key points:
- Currently, the maximum an individual may contribute in one year is $5,000.
- Don't forget to fill out the authorization form above, and fill in your company name.
- MCAA PAC contributions are not tax deductible.
- Contributions must be made with personal—not corporate—funds.
- Oh, and contributors are the rock stars of our industry!