AIPM Class 20 Now Full
AIPM 21 Registration opens October 1st, 2024: See Below for Details
MCAA’s Advanced Institute for Project Management (AIPM) is designed for seasoned project managers, project executives, and operations managers. This one-week, onsite course provides 40 hours of world-class, industry-specific, project management education. Sessions are taught by leaders of MCAA member companies along with professional consultants, and all instructors have extensive experience in the mechanical industry.
Graduates of the AIPM will bring back to their companies proven strategies for making projects even more successful and will gain an increased understanding of how projects have impact at the company level. Attendees learn and practice the critical senior level project management skills needed to:
- Develop their teams and those around them through the exploration of leadership best practices
- Avoid legal issues where possible; and be prepared to properly handle claims when they occur
- Understand project accounting within the context of company financials
- Establish goals for productivity and profitability at the project level and beyond
- Implement effective operational management strategies
In addition to practical skill-building, the AIPM offers the opportunity for extensive networking and peer-to-peer learning. Moreover, the program gives attendees the chance to ask questions of leaders from top-tier mechanical contractors and get a broad range of insight and advice on any and all industry issues.
Instruction includes the following topics:
- Leadership Skills
- Financial Literacy
- Legal Issues & Claims Avoidance
- Scheduling & Productivity Impacts
- Effective Notice & Negotiation
- Operational Management Best Practices
- Open Forum: Q&A With Industry Experts
Who Should Attend?
Experienced project managers, senior project managers, and project executives or operations officers with 8+ years of mechanical project management experience who meet the following criteria:
- Management of other project managers
- Management of large projects with oversight of self-sufficient jobsite staff
- Management of a book of work under individual income statement
- Management of a project management department
- Management of all or project driven portion of company operations
It is recommended that attendees have 8+ years of mechanical project management experience. The Institute for Project Management is not a prerequisite, but the vast majority of participants complete IPM prior to attending AIPM.
AIPM is a one-week course that takes place once a year, in January. AIPM Class 20 (2024) is now full.
- Our next available program will take place January 19th-23rd, 2025, in Austin TX.
- The class will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a per-company cap of two students.
- Note: For the purposes of AIPM registration, each company office that is a separate dues-paying entity will be considered its own company. The limit of 2 PMs will apply to each office individually.
- Tuition is $3,000. This does not include accommodations, but a hotel reservation will be made for you by MCAA after you register, at the course venue in Austin, TX.
- To register yourself, or someone else, both the registrant and the individual completing the registration must have an MCAA account. To create an account, click here.
- Account creation can take several days. Accounts should be created well in advance of the registration open date.
- Registration for AIPM Class 21 (2025) will open at noon EST on October 1st of 2024. At that time, the registration link will be available on this page.
- Email the Registration Team at email@example.com.
MCAA's Advanced Institute for Project Management program is designed specifically for the mechanical construction industry and is sponsored solely by the MCAA. It is not related to programs sponsored by the PMI.