Fall Registration Opens 12pm EST on June 17th, 2024
See Below for Details
MCAA’s Institute for Project Management (IPM) is a unique educational opportunity designed by mechanical contractors, for mechanical contractors. This two-week program provides intensive, in-depth coverage of a host of topics essential to successful mechanical project management. The IPM is designed to provide attendees with real-world skills that can be taken back to their companies and immediately applied to their work.
Taught as a combination of lecture and problem-solving workshops, sessions are presented by a both industry experts and professional educators, all of whom have practical experience in the field of mechanical contracting. The IPM curriculum is constantly evaluated and developed to keep pace with the ever-changing demands of the industry. In addition to practical lessons learned in the classes described below, the IPM provides peer-to-peer learning and networking opportunities that are every bit as valuable as the in-classroom learning.
Currently the classes are as follows:
- Interpersonal Skills of the Project Team
- The Mechanical Project Manager: President of your Projects
- Planning for Profitability
- Managing Project Schedules
- Leveraging BIM, Tech, & Fab
- Controlling Project Cost & Cash
- Negotiating Skills for Project Managers
- Strategies for Success
- Contract & Construction Law
- Change Management
- The Busted Play: Change Order Negotiation Workshop
- “Crisis at the Jobsite” – Case Study
- Leadership: The President of Your Projects
Project Managers/Engineers with 3+ years of project management experience, foremen transitioning to a PM role, superintendents or general foremen with management responsibility, and estimators transitioning to a PM role or currently managing work that meets the following criteria:
- Managing projects with profit/loss responsibility;
- Assisting in the management of projects;
- Managing projects with or without jobsite staff; and/or
- Managing multiple projects.
Project Managers/PEs/APMs with less than 3 years of experience are encouraged to attend the Preparatory Institute for Project Management.
Each IPM class takes place over a two-week period and is divided into two sessions. The second week-long session starts several months after the first week’s session concludes. Courses always take place April (Week I) and September (Week II); and October (Week I) and January (Week II).
- All registration will be done online, via this page.
- Registration for the fall-start IPM course will open on June 17th of 2024 at noon EST.
(Week I: October 6-11, 2024; Week II: January 12-17, 2025).
- Registration is done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Companies may enroll up to two PMs per year - one in the April-start programs, and one in the October-start programs.
- Note: For the purposes of IPM registration, each company office that is a separate dues-paying entity will be considered its own company. The limit of 2 PMs per year will apply to each office individually.
- Registration requires an MCAA user account. To create a new account please click here. If you already have an MCAA user account, please click on the class registration link to start your registration.
- Tuition is $4,500 per student, and does not include the cost of accommodations. IPM participants are now required to book their own accommodations at the event venue and will receive emailed instructions on how to do so once they have registered for the program.
- Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.