Next Registration Period Opens Noon EST on June 15th
See Below for Details
MCAA’s Institute for Project Management (IPM) is a unique educational opportunity designed by mechanical contractors, for mechanical contractors. This two-week program provides intensive, in-depth coverage of a host of topics essential to successful mechanical project management. The IPM is designed to provide attendees with real-world skills that can be taken back to their companies and immediately applied to their work.
Taught as a combination of lecture and problem-solving workshops, sessions are presented by a both industry experts and professional educators, all of whom have practical experience in the field of mechanical contracting. The IPM curriculum is constantly evaluated and developed to keep pace with the ever-changing demands of the industry. In addition to practical lessons learned in the classes described below, the IPM provides peer-to-peer learning and networking opportunities that are every bit as valuable as the in-classroom learning.
Currently the classes are as follows:
- Interpersonal Skills of the Project Team
- The Mechanical Project Manager: President of your Projects
- Planning for Profitability
- Managing Project Schedules
- Managing the Integrated Project Process
- Controlling Project Cost & Cash
- Negotiating Skills for Project Managers
- Managing Chaos
- Contract & Construction Law
- Change Management
- The Busted Play: Change Order Negotiation Workshop
- “Crisis at the Jobsite” – Case Study
- Leadership: The President of Your Projects
Project Managers/Engineers with 3+ years of project management experience, foremen transitioning to a PM role, superintendents or general foremen with management responsibility, and estimators transitioning to a PM role or currently managing work that meets the following criteria:
- Managing projects with profit/loss responsibility;
- Assisting in the management of projects;
- Managing projects with or without jobsite staff; and/or
- Managing multiple projects.
Project Managers/PEs/APMs with less than 3 years of experience are encouraged to attend the Preparatory Institute for Project Management.
Each IPM class takes place over a two-week period and is divided into two sessions. The second week-long session starts several months after the first week’s session concludes. Courses always take place April (Week I) and September (Week II); and October (Week I) and January (Week II).
- All registration will be done online, via this page.
- Registration for the fall-start IPM course will open on June 15th at noon EST. (Week I: Oct 23-28; Week II: Jan 15-20, 2023).
- Registration is done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Companies may enroll up to two PMs per year - one in the April-start program, and one in the October-start program.
- To register yourself, or someone else, both the registrant and the individual completing the registration must have an MCAA account. Any employee of an MCAA member company can create an account.
- Tuition is $4,250 per student, and does not include the cost of accommodations (although MCAA will arrange hotel booking during registration).
- Questions should be directed to email@example.com.