Last week, the Construction Employers of America (CEA), of which MCAA is a member, submitted a list of construction industry policies to the national Democrat and Republican Parties to consider for inclusion in their platforms during their upcoming conventions.
In introducing these proposed policies, CEA explained that it “works to strengthen the construction industry and provide opportunities for top-quality construction workers to learn and maintain the skills they need to deliver highly productive, quality workmanship that provides the best value to project owners while earning high-value compensation and benefits for themselves, their families and their communities.”
The proposed policies would:
- promote sound infrastructure policies;
- modernize retirement plan options;
- prepare the next generation of skilled workers;
- invest in energy efficient buildings;
- enhance manufacturing efficiency;
- support responsible employers through bid listing; and
- close the employee misclassification loophole.