MCAA and its partners in safety, CNA & MILWAUKEE TOOL, offer resources to help protect workers from heat stress.
Many workers spend part of their working day in hot environments, both indoors and outdoors. Workers performing physical labor, including mechanical construction and service contractors, are often exposed to hazardous heat conditions that can have severe safety and health outcomes. Please review the below information on heat stress and sun exposure.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
- Shawn Egan, CNA, Risk Control Specialist
MILWAUKEE TOOL Resources
MILWAUKEE TOOL has started a monthly safety emphasis program. Below you will find information for July’s Heat Illness Prevention campaign. The information comes from some of the industry’s most credible sources, including the Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR), the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
For additional information on the safety emphasis program, please contact:
- Justin Azbill, MILWAUKEE TOOL, Director, National EHS
For more information on heat stress from MCAA, review our last post or check out these training talks:
- Talks #36 and #37 in Toolbox Safety Talks for Construction Contractors – Volume I
- Talk #48 in Toolbox Safety Talks for Construction Contractors – Volume VI
If you have questions, please contact:
- Raffi Elchemmas, MCAA’s Executive Director of Safety, Health, and Risk Management