Each week, MCAA will highlight one or more of the educational resources that are free to MCAA members as a benefit of membership. This week, we focus on MCAA’s Mechanical Service Safety Training Video and its materials. This video will teach your service techs how to protect themselves from the most common safety hazards in the field.
Your workers will learn:
- How to conduct a quick walk-around vehicle inspection
- Why it’s important to preplan their days to ensure that they have the right tools, materials and safety equipment on hand
- How to protect themselves and others while driving
- Why they should check in with their supervisor or someone at the office when working alone
- How to safely set up and use ladders
- When fall prevention/protection are needed and how to properly protect themselves
- How to protect themselves from electrical hazards while working on equipment pushing 480 volts or less
- What additional protection is needed when working on equipment pushing more than 480 volts
The video comes with a pocket guide that highlights key training points, a training documentation sheet, a 20-question multiple choice test, and a test answer key.
Download the Video and Accompanying Materials
You Might Also Like These Resources
- Electrical Safety Service NFPA 70E – 2021 – Video | Pocket Guide | Documentation Sheet | Test | Answer Key
- Refrigerant Safety for Mechanical Service Technicians – Video | Pocket Guide | Documentation Sheet | Test | Answer Key
Have Questions or Need Personal Assistance?
Contact MCAA’s Raffi Elchemmas.