Join us and register today for NCPWB’s Annual Technical Conference/Committee Meeting to learn about the new developments in pipe welding, as well as network with friends, colleagues and new acquaintances. This year’s conference will take place at Sonesta Resort on Hilton Head Island, SC, April 23-25, 2023.
Featured speakers include:
- Jake Olsen, PE / VP of Engineering for Binsky & Snyder, who will focus on the evaluation of existing software and technology products, and case studies on how Binsky has used the D in R&D to grow profits.
- David Jordan, Global Industry Segment Director for Process Industries with Lincoln, will discuss process pipe welding solutions to increase diameter inches per day, allowing an increase in productivity, a decrease in repair rate and making training and operations easier than traditional methods.
- Matthew McClure, President of Walhonde Tools, will cover pipe alignment and hidden problems associated with it. He will demonstrate how one can address the skills gap and labor shortages using proper tooling.
- Rick Campbell, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Novarc, will talk about spool welding robots (SWR) and the use of AI in welding, which has helped contractors combat their existing welder shortage issues.
- Dale Fleck, General Manager of Mazak, MegaStir, will review pipeline construction, the technology behind Friction Stir Welding and how technology can make an economic impact in the midstream market.
- William F. Newell, Jr., PE, P.Eng, IWE, Vice President of Engineering Euroweld, Ltd., will cover proper purging of stainless steel and alternatives for stainless steel pipe and tubing.
- Robert Derby, Training Specialist and Administrator of Certification with the UA, will discuss plastic piping installation and certification.