The PCA announced the opening of a new Virtual Education Series today that goes beyond the typical Zoom meeting that we have become accustomed to. The seven-episode series features an in-depth look at JPG Plumbing & Mechanical Services, a member contractor based in Jessup, MD. Each episode is a mini case study in a different area of operations and hosted by the JPG employees in charge of the relevant work.
What makes this series different than a typical webinar is that each area of focus includes a 15-minute video to showcase the operation, a workbook that includes products, materials and costs as well as an interactive interview with the host to get more insight into functions and share attendee solutions.
“We were all set to do a similar conference on plumbing service in person,” JPG President and CEO John Geiling stated. “When COVID hit, instead of cancelling it or doing it via a PowerPoint presentation, we decided to try to figure out how to expand out the content and share even more information. The result is that instead of a 15 minute demo that we would have done in our shop, we can get into a lot more details, share more information and get insight from other members as to how their operations are different.”
Beginning on Wednesday, September 23 the series will host a live module each week until its conclusion on November 4. Each Wednesday, the session materials will be posted with a link to the live episode posted upon its completion. Materials will be available throughout the duration of the series. The schedule includes:
- Wednesday September 23, 1:00 PM EDT – The Plumbing Service Vehicle – From Tools to Truck
- Wednesday September 30, 1:00 PM EDT – Dispatch, GPS, Fleet Vehicle Tracking and Mobile App
- Wednesday October 7, 1:00 PM EDT – Technician Training and Recruiting
- Wednesday October 14, 1:00 PM EDT – Water Heater Repair and Installation
- Wednesday October 21, 1:00 PM EDT – Commercial Drain and Sewer Services
- Wednesday October 28, 1:00 PM EDT – Video Inspection/Robotic Pipe Inspection
- Wednesday November 4, 1:00 PM EST – Vac Services
Registration for the series is $400 and open to PCA, MCAA and MSCA members only.
To learn more, visit the PCA Virtual Education Series Site.
Support for the series is brought to you by MCAA’s Sponsoring Benefactors.