Excavation cave-ins happen so quickly there is literally no time to react. That’s why worker safety training on excavations is so important. When workers use the protective systems and safe work practices that are covered in MCAA’s new Excavation Safety for Mechanical Construction worker safety training video, their work in excavations will be as safe as any other part of your job.
Workers will learn:
- How soil types govern protective system safety requirements
- How weather conditions can change soil types
- When it’s safe to enter an excavation
- Why atmospheric monitoring is so important
- When protective systems are needed
- The importance of effective access and egress
- What to do if they see anything that could be hazardous
- What to do in case of an excavation cave-in
Accompanying materials are also available to assist you in highlighting key training points, documenting worker training and confirming that workers understand the training concepts:
Highlight key training points
Document worker training
Confirm that workers understand the training concepts
Want Even More Safety Resources?
MCAA has you covered, with a full range of resources to help you protect your workers from injury and comply with applicable safety regulations. Here’s where to find them:
On our Direct Links to MCAA & MSCA Safety Resources page, where they’re listed by category with links.
In the Resource Center, where you can use the blue Refine Your Search bar to pinpoint exactly what you’re looking for.
Have questions or need personal assistance?
Contact MCAA’s Pete Chaney.