Website P1 Construction, LLC.
P1 Construction, LLC., is seeking an Intern for Mechanical Construction Projects for summer 2023 for our Lawrence, Kansas office. This is a paid seasonal position.
Join our P1 Team!
P1 Construction, LLC., has grown into a national construction and solutions provider. P1 is a specialty subcontractor providing HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building technologies, controls, millwright, and architectural metal work across the U.S. But there’s so much more to P1’s broad spectrum single-source capabilities, including value-added services like virtual design and construction and multi-trade fabrication. When you work for P1 Construction, you’ll be part of a culture that puts safety first, treats associates like family, and provides challenging work in a rewarding, energetic environment. P1 Construction takes pride in maintaining a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture.
P1 Construction, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Project Management Internship Positions support projects with our Construction Department. The responsibilities of the Intern are to assist Project Managers with active projects and to obtain exposure to many functions of the construction contracting industry. Interns are paid P1 employees.
Position Qualifications and Skills:
- Current enrollment in a college/university bachelor (4-year) degree program related to mechanical engineering or construction. Must be at Sophomore or Junior college level at the time of employment application. Must have at least one semester of college remaining following summer 2023, (We will verify your enrollment, degree program and year in school.)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be interested in pursuing a career related to the construction industry.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of computer software, including spreadsheets, Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must have access to drive a well maintained vehicle. Must have up to date registration with the local Department of Motor Vehicles. Both the candidate and the vehicle must be currently covered on a personal insurance policy.