MCAA and much of the construction industry will be participating in COVID-19 Vaccine Awareness Week in Construction during the week of April 19-23, 2021. MCAA encourages you to join us and participate! The purpose of the safety week is to support the CDC’s campaign to raise awareness about the safety, effectiveness, and benefits of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. The CDC is providing an Essential Workers COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit to help affected employers educate their workers about COVID-19 vaccines. The toolkit includes:
- A customizable letter you can send to your employees with information about vaccine awareness educational offerings;
- Content for company newsletters and social media sources;
- A PowerPoint presentation on COVID-19 vaccines; and
- Key messages for all affected workers.
MCAA encourages you take advantage of these materials. Setting aside a few minutes during the safety week to bring your workers up to speed on the vaccines could be very beneficial to your company. A few options to consider for delivering the information to your workers include:
- A COVID-19 vaccine awareness safety meeting;
- A short duration vaccine awareness safety talk each day throughout the week;
- A COVID-19 vaccine awareness safety Lunch & Learn; and/or
- Worker access to the Wednesday, April 21, 2021 vaccine awareness webinar, which will be presented by the CDC and NIOSH from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET by way of NIOSH Zoom.
MCAA will provide you with the webinar registration information as soon as it becomes available.