The MCAA Fabrication Conference boasts a rich history of bringing together professionals from the mechanical contracting and fabrication industries. Now in its 24th year, the conference has grown to be a pivotal event, serving as a platform for industry leaders, innovators, and experts to share their knowledge, insights, and best practices. With a focus on cutting-edge technologies, process improvements, and collaboration, the MCAA Fabrication Conference has continually evolved to address the ever-changing landscape of the mechanical contracting world, fostering a community of professionals dedicated to advancing the industry and ensuring its sustainable growth.
While always popular, the conference has always been limited to the tour capacity of the host contractor. This year that changes. While UMC, Inc. will serve as the primary conference host, three additional contractors have agreed to have smaller tour groups through their facility as well. The 2023 conference will offer more tour options in a streamlined format.
- UMC, Inc. – Primary tour host featuring a new 90,000 ft2 fabrication facility featuring piping and plumbing as well as a look at their digitally integrated fabrication process.
- SJS Mechanical – One of the premier multi-family contractors in the US with a unique facility that focuses on light commercial and plumbing fabrication.
- Shinn Mechanical – Innovative Seattle contractor that focuses on industrial and commercial markets, this tour will focus on their sprinkler fabrication, while highlighting their other fabrication solutions.
- MacDonald Miller – Full-service design-build contractor with 11 locations and over 1,000 employees. Their tour offers a look at their Sheet Metal fabrication abilities.
While tours remain an important component to the MCAA Fabrication Conference, additional ideas, education, and innovation are increasingly important. The format of the conference is expanding so that the tour is not the only educational offering for attendees. This year’s conference will now include:
- Contractor Case Studies – Learn from how others are doing it.
- Breakout sessions – Repeated so you don’t miss it while on a tour.
- Lean Workshops – Hands on exercises to demonstrate lean concepts.
- Expanded Exhibit – Expanded beyond the reception through entire first day.
- Uncapped Attendee Limit – The two per MCAA member rule has been removed.