From an initial endowment of just over a million dollars, the Foundation now oversees the investment of a multi-million endowment, which funds education, research, and administrative costs from the revenues it generates.
JRGF undertakes initiatives that build strong working relationships with many industry practitioners, academics, manufacturer/supplier representatives, and industry consultants. Our partners guide and enlighten us as to the most pressing education and research issues facing our industry.
MCAA Student Chapter Program
In 1998, the MCAA Student Chapter Program was formed to bring together well-educated, talented young students as they prepare for careers in the mechanical construction and service industries. In cooperation with the MCAA local affiliate, MCAA now supports a nationwide network of more than 60 student chapters through professional experiences and resources. Thanks to the generous JRGF funding, MCAA student chapter members are given the opportunity to augment their education and professional development through:
- Internship, co-op and job opportunities with member companies
- Networking opportunities with members
- Beyond-the-classroom instruction and additional knowledge about the industry and business
- Eligibility to compete in annual MCAA Student Chapter Competition
- Opportunity for national scholarships
- Invited to attend local and national MCAA events, including MCAAGreatFutures Forum–created specifically for students, the MCAA Annual Convention, and the MSCA Annual Education Conference