College students are starting to head back to campus, which means underclassmen are starting to explore their options for summer internships and seniors are already weighing their offers for full-time employment for June 2024. Now is the time to start the conversation and the MCAA GreatFutures Job Board is the perfect place to start!
MCAA GreatFutures Job Board – How to Post an Entry-Level Job or Internship
- Login with an MCAA username and password
- Click on the job board within the Career Development page
- Click Manage My Jobs and Add a Job to create your posting
- Jobs remain active for 1 month to ensure postings stay fresh
- When the job is set to expire, a reminder will be sent for you to either “mark as filled” or “duplicate” and repost for another month
- Interested students can view postings and submit their contact information and resume
- Your office will be notified via email when interested students submit their resume
- From there, your office is encouraged to continue with your company’s application and interview process
New Resources Will Assist with Hiring & Managing Interns
The MCAA Career Development Committee recently compiled four resources to assist companies with the internship hiring and management process. Internship Best Practices is a quick read (1 page) and walks employers through the hiring process in a timeline format.
Once Your Intern Is Hired, Submit a Part 1 JRGF Internship Grant Application
Once you’ve successfully hired your intern, head over to the JRGF Internship Grant page to submit at Part 1 application for a $1,000 grant for 1 intern or $2,000 grant for 2 or more interns. These grants are available anytime throughout the year (summer interns and/or school year interns).
If You Hire an Intern Full Time, Be Sure to Complete a Part 2 JRGF Internship Grant Application
Did you recently hire one of your interns full-time? If they were previously on a Part 1 list, submit a Part 2 application for a $500 gift card for your new hire.
Please contact MCAA Director of Career Development, Michele Hoffman.