A GPS tracking system can make your fleet more effective and efficient. GPS Insight suggests what to look for when buying a system.
Top 5 Criteria for Selecting a GPS Tracking System
- Highest Return on Investment: Applications that are highly configurable and that analyze the widest range of fleet metrics allow you to measure and manage fleet operations comprehensively, so you can determine how much the solution will reduce your fleet costs.
- Customer Service Quality: Ideally, the system includes access to an experienced support team that will walk you through installation, troubleshooting, software instruction, and training 24/7/365 and resolve problems on the first call. The support team should also be able to access your account and make any needed changes while on a call.
- Reporting Capabilities: Advanced reporting capabilities let you take advantage of the wealth of data that can be pulled from a GPS tracking device. Do the reports offered provide all of the information your company needs? If not, will the company create customized reports or combine data from multiple reports?
- Customization: Most applications include dashboards, maps, reports, and alerts. Applications that can be highly customized give you the information you need, as you need it, the way you want to see it.
- Integration: Your GPS fleet tracking solution should integrate with your accounting, ERP, mapping, dispatch, CRM, and other back office systems to exchange information. Find out what the solution provider will charge you for the integration.
Top 10 Capabilities To Look For in an Advanced GPS Tracking System
- An intuitive and easily configurable interface that allows you to gather actionable data at a glance
- Full-featured 3D mapping
- A mobile application accessible from smart phones and tablets
- Mechanisms for precise landmark creation
- Capacity to measure all of the fleet metrics you need to monitor
- Array of highly configurable alerts
- Integration with your fuel card provider
- Option to schedule maintenance reminders for each vehicle
- Free unlimited historical data on your fleet
- Capacity for any number of users with different user permissions to usethe system software
For more information, visit www.gpsinsight.com.