Pre-planning is critical to the success of every project regardless of size. MCAA’s Turnover Meetings: Estimating/Sales to Project Management identifies the traits of highly-effective turnover meetings to help contractors transform these meetings into productive and rewarding planning exercises. It’s just one of MCAA’s educational resources that are free to MCAA members as a benefit of membership.
The bulletin explains:
- What a turnover meeting is
- Which projects require a turnover meeting
- Who should attend the turnover meeting
- The project manager’s role
- When the meeting should occur
- How long the meeting takes
- Topics of discussion
- Effective communication and attitude
- How to avoid information overload
A variety of sample forms are included:
- New job setup checklist
- Site risk assessment checklist
- Planning turnover requirements checklist
- Sample standard construction plan
- Turnover meeting documentation checklist
The Planning for Profitability: Your Guide to Successful Preconstruction Planning resource mentioned in the bulletin is available for download here.
For a full list of available Management Methods Bulletins, visit the Management Methods Bulletins page.
Have Questions or Need Personal Assistance?
Contact MCAA’s Frank Wall.