MCAA plans are underway to host the GreatFutures Virtual Education Fall Program! The program is aimed to help give the next generation of mechanical contracting leaders a deeper understanding of the industry and the ins and outs of creating a construction bid. The program will start September 15 and continue through November 16, 2020.
Included in this program will be the annual MCAA Student Chapter Competition, which will be released virtually to student chapters through Procore. The competition gives students the opportunity to apply what they’ve learned in the classroom by creating a bid for a real-life mechanical construction project.
The GreatFutures education program will navigate students through the competition project with online instructional sessions focused on components of a real-world contracting bid. MCAA will be launching live sessions each week, available to all students, faculty advisors and MCAA members. The topics of the sessions will be taught by current MCAA industry leaders. Topics that will be covered include:
- Student Chapter Competition Overview
- Procore Overview: Learning about Construction Management Software
- Young Professionals Panel: Kickstarting Your Student Competition Project
- Basics of Estimating
- Fundamentals of Scheduling
- Project Organization: Staffing Your Project
- Identifying Risks in a Construction Project
- Digital Process of BIM
- Understanding the HVAC/R Industry
- The Importance of Planned Maintenance
- How Companies Use Fabrication
- The Business Side of Safety
- Identifying Project Risks
- Understanding the Finances of a Job
- Organizing Your Proposal
Stay tuned for additional schedule and registration information!