This incredible learning opportunity is back for 2018.
MCAA’s Collective Bargaining Seminar is here to help members and local association executives improve their understanding of the bargaining process to assist in preparing properly for negotiations, and to make bargaining a constructive event for management and labor.
Learn negotiating techniques and constructive approaches to labor negotiations that will improve workforce performance along with contractor and industry competitiveness.
The program starts Wednesday afternoon, October 31, and concludes at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, November 2, at the Madison Washington DC Hilton Hotel.
Topics covered will include:
- The Interpersonal Aspects of the Bargaining Relationship and Process
- Do’s and Don’ts of the Bargaining Process. Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Procedure and Law, Basic Principles, Structure of Multiemployer Bargaining Unit
- Drug Testing Issues
- Apprenticeship Issues
- Paid Family and Medical Leave Requirements
- The Union’s Perspective, Constraints in the Bargaining & CBA Administration Process
- Current Issues at the National labor Relations Board, Labor Departments Impacting Union-Signatory, Open Shop Construction Employers and Benefit Fund Administration
Featured Speakers include:
- Richard Barnes, C. Richard Barnes Associates
- Bob Battista, Counsel, MCA of Maryland and MCA of Detroit; Former Chairman NLRB
- Ellen Boardman, Partner, O’Donoghue & O’Donoghue, UA Legal Counsel
- Dale Hagedorn, Construction Data Services
- Michael Kreps, Partner at Groom Law Group
- Lou Malone, O’Donoghue and O’Donoghue, Counsel International Training Fund
- Rocky Miller, Partner, Cox Castle & Nicholson
- Ryan Poor, Partner, Ice Miller
- Glenn Rex, MCA of Houston
- Dick Sawhill, ARCA-MCA
- Steve Weissenberger, MCA of Maryland