Category: Construction Technology Inititiative
The COVID-19 crisis is forcing contractors to perform work in challenging new ways. This webinar focuses on two scenarios that will become more likely in the weeks ahead – forced remote work with no job site activity and one in which job sites might be shut down and fabrication facilities remain open. We discuss how to prepare staff to work remotely, what work can be prioritized to be done remotely and how to utilize fabrication space safely to keep projects progressing. This panel includes Jonathan Marsh, MEP Innovation Lab; James Benham, CEO of JBKnowledge; Sean McGuire, MCAA Director of Innovative Technologies; and Josh Bone, Director of Industry Innovation at NECA.
This webinar was recorded Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
California-based Jackson & Blanc digitized its timekeeping process with Rhumbix Core, saving an estimated $52,000 per year in labor costs alone. The company’s commitment to adopting innovative technologies is well-known, but adopting a new technology can sometimes be costly and require overcoming hurdles to implementation and adoption. Jackson & Blanc realized that technological advancements and social changes force companies to evolve—or fall behind.
Looking for More Smart Solutions?
Visit the Smart Solutions Case Studies area of our website! You’ll see how other mechanical contractors found their win-win with productivity-enhancing and cost-saving applications from members of MCAA’s Manufacturer/Supplier Council.
Plus, you’ll find tips and ideas on other ways you and your company can save money and enhance your productivity.
VISIT SMART SOLUTIONS
Congratulations to everyone at J.C. Cannistraro, LLC for being named PHC News magazine’s Contractor of the Year! The company, which is a member of MCAA and the New England MCA, was selected for its reputation as a leader in modular prefabrication and a very early adopter of construction technology.
If you have an iPad or iPhone, it’s easy. Follow these simple steps to customize your MCAA.org experience by making, for example, our Safety Excellence Initiative or MSCA.org or any other page an app on your home screen!
- Open Safari and navigate to MCAA.org.
- Use the menu to find the page you use most often.
- Touch the “share” button in the Safari menu bar to see the options (it looks like a box with an upward arrow coming out of it).
- Check out the lowest row of options, and scroll until you see the plus sign icon “Add to Home Screen.”
- Select it and rename the page if you choose to something shorter, “Safety” or “MSCA”.
- And there you have it! Hit the home button to leave Safari and you should see the new “App” on your home screen.
- You can even make as many as you need. Calendar? Resource Center? NCPWB? Virtual Trade Show?
It’s that easy!