Registration for MCAA’s GreatFutures Virtual Fall Program will open on Friday, August 21 and it’s free! The program will begin September 15 and continue through November 16. MCAA will be hosting live sessions each week, available to all students, faculty advisors and MCAA members.
The program is aimed to help give the next generation of mechanical contracting leaders a deeper understanding of the industry and the ins and outs of creating a construction bid. Each session will be taught by MCAA industry leaders and navigate students through the competition project with online instructional sessions focused on components of a real-world contracting bid.
Included in this program will be the annual MCAA Student Chapter Competition, which will be released virtually to student chapters through Procore. The competition gives students the opportunity to apply what they’ve learned in the classroom by creating a bid for a real-life mechanical construction project.
The fall schedule includes:
- Tuesday, September 15, 3:00 p.m. Eastern – GreatFutures Virtual Fall Program Introduction
- Thursday, September 17, 1:00 p.m. Eastern – Student Chapter Competition Overview
- Tuesday, September 22, 3:00 p.m. Eastern – Procore Overview: Learning About Construction Management Software
- Thursday, September 24, 1:00 p.m. Eastern – Young Professionals Panel: Kickstarting Your Student Competition Project
- Tuesday, September 29, 3:00 p.m. Eastern – Intro to WebLEM+Plus
- Thursday, October 1, 1:00 p.m. Eastern – Basics of Estimating for a Project
- Tuesday, October 6, 3:00 p.m. Eastern – Project Organizational Chart: Staffing Your Project
- Thursday, October 8, 1:00 p.m. Eastern – Scheduling 101
- Tuesday, October 13, 3:00 p.m. Eastern – How Companies Use Fabrication
- Tuesday, October 20, 3:00 p.m. Eastern – The Business Side of Safety
- Thursday, October 22, 1:00 p.m. Eastern – Identifying Project Risks
- Tuesday, October 27, 3:00 p.m. Eastern – Digital Process of BIM
- Tuesday, November 3, 3:00 p.m. Eastern – Understanding Service
- Thursday, November 5, 1:00 p.m. Eastern – Services Sales: The Importance of Planned Maintenance
- Tuesday, November 10, 3:00 p.m. Eastern – Understanding Finances of a Job
- Thursday, November 12, 1:00 p.m. Eastern – Organizing Your Proposal
- Tuesday, November 17, 3:00 p.m. Eastern – Competition Panel Wrap-Up