Building Information Modeling is the process used by construction firms to design, construct and maintenance buildings. This process is used by Modern to facilitate documentation and prefabrication of piping and duct systems in the building being constructed. The primary software used for this process is Revit. Revit has an API that allows developers to create efficient and company specific workflows. Modern uses this API to create tools that make our workflows faster and more accurate.
The role of a BIM Software Developer Intern will be mostly research improving current code stability and error handling along with finding proofs of concept for accomplishing things like automating the placement of annotations, dimensions, fittings, and hangers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Code Review and testing
- Research and development
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong programming skills
- Working Knowledge of Linear Algebra
- Ability to learn quickly and use the knowledge acquired from research and experimentation
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must comfortable with high levels of abstraction and finding novel solutions to complex problems
- Most time will be in the office, but some trips to job sites and customer locations are required
- Must be familiar with job site safety requirements and be prepared to wear a hard hat, work boots and safety glasses at potentially dangerous job sites
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Pursing a degree in Software Development or Applied Mathematics preferred
- Proficiency in either C# or C++
AAP/ EEO Statement
At Modern, we understand that every employee is different in their own way. We support and thrive off those differences. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, military status, or other non-merit factors. Modern is a proud equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.