Website MMC Contractors
Work hard, have fun! At MMC Contractors, our culture is built on hard work – but while enjoying ourselves in the process. Our family of construction companies prides itself on our almost 90 year history, our 100% employee ownership structure, our competitive pay and benefits… But what we pride ourselves most in is our people. We truly believe that our people are our greatest asset, and that’s why we place a heavy emphasis on recruiting, training, and retaining the best and brightest talent in the industry. Are you ready to become a part of the MMC Contractors family?
Nature of Work
Interns at MMC Contractors can expect every day to provide a different challenge, while being equipped with the tools to be successful. Our summer program allows interns the opportunity to spend time in the office as well as the jobsite, learning the ins and outs of mechanical contracting. In addition to a hands-on experience, interns can participate in appreciation events, lunch and learns, jobsite tours, capstone presentations, and more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with meeting minutes
- Assisting in writing RFIs
- Assisting with self-perform work
- Filing field paperwork
- Use of Procore and other field technology programs in practical applications
- Tracking of production
- Participating in project schedule updates
- Participating in weekly safety meetings
- Creating a capstone project presentation
- Other duties, as assigned
- Paid Housing (*if applicable)
- Social Events
- Jobsite Visits
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Growth & Training Opportunities
- If you are hardworking, eager to learn, and have a passion for or curiosity about the construction industry, you might be the perfect fit! Apply today to learn more about #earlycareers with MMC Contractors.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be actively pursuing a degree from a college or university; degree related to Construction or Engineering is preferred, but not required
- Must be willing to travel/commute for jobsite assignment, if necessary*
- Prior experience within construction-related roles is preferred
- Physical demands for this position are moderate. Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be walking, standing, bending or carrying of items (25-50 pounds) such as plan documents, papers, books, parts, etc. There may be times of physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, climbing or similar activities. The work may require specific but common physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity. Requires a good ability to see, hear, and speak.
- Standard project site environment that may include machinery, parts and chemicals. May require protective gear.
MMC Corp and its subsidiary companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer-EEO/AA/M/F/D/V/VEVRAA