Website Harris Mechanical Contractors
The purpose of your role as an Assistant Project Manager
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will provide project management support during all phases of HVAC construction to ensure project standards, budget, deadlines and communications are maintained. Manage safety compliance and foster a culture of safety.
Target Start Date: May 2024
• Review, organize and distribute Contract Documents (drawings, specifications, schedules, RFIs, Construction Bulletins, etc.) and shop drawings/submittals to appropriate team members (e.g. Harris project team, subcontractors, fab shop and vendors).
• Distribute and log all of the above activities for the team.
• Assist in drafting, submitting and tracking RFIs and their corresponding responses.
• Attend field coordination meetings & distribute meeting notes.
• Assist in the administration of project specific quality control program and compile documentation.
• Administer/update progress drawings and as-built drawings.
• Administer project closeout documentation including Operation and Maintenance manuals, startup reports, owner training and punch lists.
Scope of Work Support
• Assist in the identification, tracking and reporting of changes to original scope of work.
• Maintain equipment procurement logs.
• Assist in management and tracking of tool and equipment rentals.
• Perform site walkthroughs and inspections.
• Assist in site safety compliance.
• Coordinate with suppliers/vendors to estimate projects.
• Perform basic estimating skills utilizing estimating software.
Job Costing and Labor Tracking/Productivity
• Assist project manager and field foreman to track labor productivity in accounting software.
What we’re looking for in you:
• Student graduating in Spring 2024 preferred with a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or related.
• 2+ years of knowledge/experience of the building & construction industry.
• Strong understanding of mechanical systems.
• Ability to read and comprehend construction documents.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles.
• Understanding of business administration and management principles.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication while working in a team environment.
Your life at Harris:
As one of the country’s leading mechanical contractors, Harris offers you the best of both worlds: the stability, resources and opportunities of a national company, and the team culture, creative spirit and customer loyalty of a local business. If you thrive on variety and new challenges, we want to meet you!
From stadiums to manufacturing facilities, power plants to hospitals, concert halls to classrooms, we handle projects of all sizes and complexity from multiple regional locations across the country.
Harris Benefits + Compensation:
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
401K with company match
Vacation time, sick time, and paid holidays
Paid Parental leave
Short-Term Incentive Plan
Visit our Careers Page for additional benefits details: https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance
Pay Range: $52,958 – $79,437 per year
The actual salary offer will vary by candidate based on a wide range of factors such as specific skills, qualifications, ex