Benefits of Membership
The Tools to Create a Better Future for You and Your Business
The Mechanical Contractors Association of America, Inc. (MCAA) is a vibrant, growing association of approximately 2,300 mechanical, plumbing, and service contractors. Members enjoy MCAA’s outstanding education programs, an expanding catalog of resources to help them manage and grow their businesses, periodicals and a website to keep them informed and connected, and business services to save them money. Why do these successful contractors choose to be MCAA members? Here are some answers to that question.
MCAA Educational Offerings
Long known as "The Education Association," the Mechanical Contractors Association of America's array of programs, courses and conferences has been helping members learn the best in construction management since our founding in 1889. In addition to the national offerings listed below, we also have programs that come to you. If you have any questions about this area, we encourage you to contact us.
- AEC Conference
- ALI Course 16, Week 1
- ALI Course 16, Week 2
- Construction Technology Conference
- Fabrication Conference
- Field Leaders Conference
- Industry Improvement Funds Conference
- IPM Class 63, Week 1
- IPM Class 63, Week 2
- MCAA Annual Convention
- National Issues Conference
- Safety Directors' Conference
- Student Chapter and Mechanical Contractors Summit
- MSCA Service Education Seminars and Conference
- NCPWB Technical Committee Annual Meeting
- PCA Conference
MCAA Keeps You Informed and Connected
Staying on top of industry news, technological advances, government rules, and regulatory changes is essential to the success of your business. MCAA gathers this information in several communication vehicles that connect you to the news you need.
- National Update, a weekly e-mail newsletter with information about action taken in response to critical federal legislation and regulations that affect your business; MCAA programs and services; the outcome of labor/industry meetings; industry developments; and more.
- MCAA Reporter, a newsletter published 10 times during the year with information about MCAA programs and services; recent or anticipated changes to federal and state legislation and regulations; and news about MSCA, PCA, and NCPWB.
- Our website, a valuable tool that keeps you connected to MCAA programs and services; other members, including manufacturers and suppliers; your legislators; and a library of valuable resources.
- Membership Directory & Buyers’ Guide, an annual compilation of information about MCAA, MSCA, PCA, the National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau (NCPWB) and the Mechanical Contracting Education & Research Foundation (MCERF).
- The directory, also available online, includes member listings, local affiliate contact information, and a buyer’s guide.
- Dateline MSCA, a monthly e-mail with information about important MSCA activities, upcoming programs, and key publications and sources of information.
- MCAAGreatFutures, bringing you information for and about future mechanical contractors.
- Smart Solutions, bringing you articles demonstrating the many ways in which you can use the products and services of Manufacturer/ Supplier Council members to enhance your effectiveness and increase your profitability.
MCAA Empowers Our Industry to Create a Better Future
In fact, it’s our vision. Our mission is to always exceed our members’ rising expectations. We accomplish this mission by responding quickly and creatively to our members’ needs and challenges, by striving to increase the return on their investment, by embracing change, and by capitalizing on new opportunities. We work hard to ensure that members in all segments of our industry, including service and plumbing, receive equal value regardless of size.
The work carried out by MCAA’s foundation, the Mechanical Contracting Education & Research Foundation (MCERF) is central to our mission to create a better future. During the past two years, MCERF has carried out research and published results on a number of important industry issues. And, through its Funding Educational Excellence program, MCERF provides material support for student internship grants, emerging student chapter grants, and student chapter of excellence grants—a real investment in the future of the industry.
Join today to take advantage of MCAA’s membership benefits. Still not convinced? Take a look at the detailed brochures for each program area. We think you’ll be impressed. We know our members are.