Career Development at MCAA
"I can see that the Great Futures site for summer interns is going to be a huge hit!!! I already hired an intern off of the website. I had better luck with that than I did by contacting the university directly. Great idea."
If You're Looking for an Intern, Visit www.mcaagreatfutures.org! That's a quote from Curt Mirwaldt of Project Design & Piping, Inc. (Fort Wayne, IN) who tried MCAAGreatFutures.org to find internship candidates and succeeded. If you're still looking for a bright, energetic, eager-to-learn college student with an interest in our industry to fill an internship position in your company, go to www.mcaagreatfutures.org. The 200+ candidates listed are among the best to be coming through the top U.S. schools of construction management, engineering and architecture. Their interests, contact information and resumes are posted along with their photos. Stop by for a visit. And, when you find and hire the right candidate, then apply for a Student Internship Grant. The $1,500 grants are funded by the Mechanical Contracting Education & Research Foundation at www.mcerf.org and are available to MCAA members to help defray the cost of hiring an intern. There's no deadline for submitting the grant request and you may apply for as many grants as you have interns. Questions? Please contact Ann Mattheis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Student Chapter Summit Presentations
Once again, we had some very informative presentations at our Student Chapter Summit! If you would like a copy, click the links below to download.
- Taking It All In Before You Take Off - Kathy McCauley, McCauley Mechanical
- General Conditions: What's In, What's Out and How Much? - Robert J. Durr, Jr., Durr Mechanical Contractors
- Developing Relationships - Who Is the Customer? - Arnold "Woody" Woodall - EMCOR Services Combustioneer
- Chapter of the Year Presentation - Southern Polytechnic State University
- Your Career Starts Here - Resume Development